Department of History
The Post Graduate Department of History was established in the campus of Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University during 2017-2018 academic Year. At present, the Department of History is one of the most impartment department in the Faculty of Social Sciences. Since the department is newly established, it is being co-ordinated by Dr Kishor U. Raut. This department is aimed to work as centre for linking or co coordinating institutions, organizations, faculties and students working in the field of local, national and global history. The Western Vidarbha region of Maharashtra has its unique history and cultural heritage. Thus, the Department of History stands for the study of ancient, medieval and modern history of Western Vidarbha in specific and for the study of national as well as global history.
To emancipate the youth from the darkness of ignorance for elevation of the society by imparting knowledge and fostering wisdom at its plentiful
To contribute to the society through the pursuit of education, learning and research at the highest level of excellence
Goals /Objectives of Department
- To impart qualitative higher level of knowledge and guidance in history at PG and post PG levels
- To develop historical knowledge of students
- To provide opportunities and encourage students for doing higher level of research in the subject
- To organize various academic development activities such as seminars/ conferences/ workshops etc.
- To encourage and guide students for job oriented programme like tourism and competitive examinations.
- To organize extension activities related to local, national and global historical places
- To produce competent youth capable of employment through the study on historical tourism and cultural heritage.
- To develop historical monuments, museums, documentaries and audio-visual material on local history.
Co-ordinator : Dr. K.U.Raut, (Professor, Dept of Sociology)
Mobile No : 09850251725/08329983298