DEPARTMENT OF STATISTICS
The Department of Statistics was started in the year 1990 offering M. Sc. Statistics Course in the premises of Vidarbha Mahavidyalaya, Amravati. It was shifted in the University campus in 19992. The Department offers four semester (Two Year ) M. Sc. course leading to masters degree in Statistics and Ph. D.
The syllabus of Statistics is designed as per the need of academics guidelines given by UGC, New Delhi and various other competitive examinations after holding discussions with academicians across nation. The department is involved in imparting basic as well as applied knowledge in the subject. It had also undertaken research activities on national and International level problems so as to have a deep knowledge of the subject.
The Department has well equipped Laboratory with a capacity of 25 Computers along with software. Also, a departmental Library is functioning with general type of Text Books which are frequently required by students in addition to big collection of books in the Central Library.
AIMs of Department
- To specialize students in Statistics, Statistical techniques & research and equip them for higher studies in Statistics.
- To enable students for utilization of Statistics in other Sciences and Professions.
- To train and motivate students for original research and advance studies.
- To equip the students to handle different kinds of data through data mining and data processing.
- Developing Human resources for ancillary jobs in government organization and industries.