DEPARTMENT OF CHEMISTRY
The Department of Chemistry was established in the year 1990 as a postgraduate teaching and research center, with major objective of promoting post Graduate studies and advanced research in Chemistry. The Department offers teaching programme of two years leading to M.Sc. degree in Chemistryand has been imparting high quality education in chemistry. The department offers research programmes leading to the Ph.D. degree in some of the frontier areas of research. Further, the department is also engaged in some outreach programmes under the aegis of ‘Gram Janhit Vidyan Manch’, with the active participation of the faculty members and eminent researchers. Laboratory facilities and infrastructural match the best available elsewhere and include a variety of sophisticated analytical instruments. All the faculty members have excelled in their respective specialization in teaching as well as in research. The students during their stay in the department are given rigorous training to meet the growing challenges in various sectors. Many of them are serving in industry, National laboratories, atomic energy establishments, as faculty members in Universities and Colleges and some have even excelled in administrative services.
“Dissemination and stimulation of scientific curiosity and general intellectual objectives aimed at producing matured and conscious citizens for human success and development”.
AIMs of the Department
- To advance frontiers of knowledge in the area of the chemical sciences
- To build research capabilities as required by the national development and academic needs;
- To produce teachers who will choose, produce and make use of local resources and educational media to enrich students’ learning;
- To produce skilled man power of well-trained chemists, capable of taking up positions in various socioeconomic sectors of the country;
- To develop capabilities for the provision of consultancy and technical services as well as short term specialized training to both public and private sectors;
- To disseminate knowledge on chemistry and related areas through active participation in related professional activities, such as Chemical Societies of India, Regional Networking, Workshops, Symposia/Conferences and Publications.